Our January 2013 Production
In January 2013, The Playmakers performed Treasure Island – The Panto written by Richard Lloyd and directed by Geoff Yost. There were 3 public performances and 2 Charity nights – all to near capacity audiences.
Slither – Tony Bowman
The Dame – Jez Curtis
Jim Ladd – Becky Howells
Nancy – Vickie Marsh
Billy Fishbones – Mike Williams
Captain Smellit – Stephen Turner
Squire Polperro – Sian Ramsden
Bodmin – Claire Fryer
Newquay – Emma Degiovanni
israel Feet – Chris Wassan
Blind Puke – Stuart Hurrel
George Merry – Kerry-Anne Jewel
Pink Dog – Annabel Brash
Groundbait – Ellie Califano
Isiaih – Emma Young
Captain Haddock – Mike Williams
Don Iguana – Jon Tebb
Donna Estella – Nadia Maggiore
Bertha Gunn – Susan Freke
Set Design And Build: Lee Cudmore-Ray, Colin Brooks
Back Stage Crew: Dave Craven (Manager), Lee Cudmore-Ray, Gordon Young, Colin Brooks, Derek King, Phil Millington-Hore
Set Artists: Helena Higgit, Rhianna Stafford, Tammy Ray. Colin Brooks
Props: Rene Glasscock, Jessica Griffiths.
Choreography: Annabel Brash, Vickie Marsh.
Make Up: Valerie Smythe, Saundra Evans.
Music Arrangement: Jez Curtis, Shirley Hunt.
Costumes: Shirley Hunt, Rene Glasscock.
Front Of House Team: Helena Higgit (Manager), Cara Millington-Hore, Several Parents Of Young Playmakers.
Sound And Light: Starburst.
Filming: Jem Vostock.
DVD Titles: Gordon Young.
Runner: Pauline Gotel.
Runner Assistant: Louise Crawford.
Box Office: Ron Hurrell
Facilities At The Mytchett Centre
Plenty of FREE PARKING
DISABLED SPACES near the entrance
LEVEL ACCESS – no steps
Wheelchair spaces can be arranged – please let the Box Office know your requirements
We are always looking for assistance off stage as well as on it. Below is a sample of the many roles that must be fulfilled in order to put on a production.
Please contact the chair if you would like to help. Thank you.
- Poster design.
- Front of House manager – responsible with the producers for organising front of house, raffle, distributing programmes, ushing, setting out chairs, etc.
- Front of house staff (selling raffle tickets, helping audience to seats, etc).
- Box office – taking calls, emails and supervising Ticket Source sales, assisting with Front of House.
- Stage crew – Assisting with placement of props, changing scenery, etc.
- Costume and make up. Sourcing and advising on appropriate costumes and make up.
- Publicity – volunteers for flyer drops, etc.